Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Faux (Pas)

In the latest Fashion Quarterly, features editor Zoe Walker writes, "... there’s possibly no bigger fashion crime than carrying a fake handbag" (page 59).

However, in her profile on page 20, she announces "I usually carry vintage handbags but my favourites are a tan vintage Oroton, and my faux Chanel 2.55."

I think Zoe needs to find a new job.

Also saw David Hartnell the other day. From the sight of his florid Hawaiian shirt, I assume he will be putting himself at the top of his own Worst-Dressed list this year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I think you'll find my fashion crime comment was written with a hint of sarcasm.

Anonymous said...

"sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"
Oscar Wilde

Mrs Smith said...

You'll have to explain your definition of sarcasm to me then, Zoe, because it seems to be different from mine.

unPC lesbian said...

Ohhh...so it was Oscar Wilde who said that. I ALWAYS thought it was my Nana!

peterquixote said...

look smith do yous want a fuck or not\

Deadman said...

My money's on "not", Chief Peckerwood...

Anonymous said...

UNPC Lesbian

Did your Nana also say "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker"?

All the best with your Book Mrs S.