Monday, June 11, 2007

Bag

In an effort to get customers to use fewer plastic bags, supermarkets have been producing reusable 'eco-friendly' bags. Handbag designer Anya Hindmarch produced the hugely popular Not A Plastic Bag for the English supermarket chain, Sainsburys.

Unfortunately, the ones available in NZ have been so hideous, I have ignored them, and continued using plastic. I wouldn't want anyone mistaking me for a styleless hippy, or worse, a Green Party supporter. Anyway, I never go to the supermarket often enough to make the indignity worthwhile.

However, New World in Freeman's Bay are selling this reusable bag, for just $2 each:



Not sure I like "streets of the hood" sentence (what is this? East L.A.?), but I like the sentiment of a product made for its market.

I think it's rather neat, even if they did spell 'Curran' Street as 'Curan.' I bought three.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wait is over: Finally a product that appeals to the fashionable geek.

If they make it look a tiny bit more like a tag cloud I'll buy five :-) ht

miss_seph said...

Staying at the Hilton in Kuala Lumpur I picked up a couple of shopping bags made from the same material that those green ones are made of, and they're just plain brown with the words "Shop Till you Drop - Hilton Kuala Lumpur". Ever so useful since this big effort to be green kicked in.

Anonymous said...

Cockburn?

Mrs Smith said...

D-man - It won't if you stop playing with it.

Anonymous said...

I covet that bag, even though it's not my 'hood.